The Intergenerational Foundation (IF) has been established to research fairness between the generations. IF believes that, whilst increasing longevity is welcome, government policy must be fair to all generations – whether old, young or those to come.
- English Housing Survey data reveals that “Generation Rent” keeps growing
- New research reveals society’s misconceptions about young people
- ONS figures show politicians are failing to appeal to young people
- New international declaration should help preserve endangered species for future generations
- New research: Young bearing much heavier debt burden than old during recession
- Don’t Forget: Voter Registration Day is 5th Feb. Visit Bite The Ballot for more information
- Still time to enter Bite The Ballot’s Inspired Impressions European-wide Art Competition - Hurry 30 Jan 2014 deadline looming
- IF Responds to Triple Lock Pension Guarantee announcement by David Cameron
- Autumn Statement 2013 – IF Response
- Why Buy-to-Let Equals Big Tax Let Off – Taxpayers fund £5 billion annual tax write-offs
- IF Launches the UK’s first Regional Intergenerational Fairness Index – geography matters
- Has Britain Robbed Its Children? Winners of the IF A Level Essay Competition announced
- Young People’s Prospects Worsened in Past Year: 2013 UK Intergenerational Fairness Index
- The call for papers for the Demography Prize 2012/13 has been announced, with a prize fund of €10,000 for winning essayists. Topic: “Youth Quotas”
- IF website achieves 1 million hits in first year! Thank you for helping us become a national and international leader in intergenerational debate
- Kotlikoff’s latest Book: The Clash of Generations tells americans how they can save themselves, their economy and their future
- John Kay explains why it’s important for older generations to get intergenerational equity here
- Intergenerational Justice Review 2012, issue 1, is out now, co-edited by IF
- Buy your copy of IF co-sponsored Regeneration, comprising essays by young British writers on intergenerational justice
- PFI and Intergenerational Equity with a Foreword by Margaret Hodge
- IF is contributing to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Intergenerational Futures
2013 IF Index
The 2013 Intergenerational Fairness Index provides an increasingly damning indictment of the plight of younger generations over the past 20 years.
Has Britain Robbed Its Children?
- Our A Level Student Essay Competition is now closed.
- Download support fact sheets