The Intergenerational Foundation (IF) has been established to research fairness between the generations. IF believes that, whilst increasing longevity is welcome, government policy must be fair to all generations – whether old, young or those to come.
- OECD: Youth unemployment puts young people at risk of poverty in old age
- New report highlights the impact of population ageing on tax revenues
- Are conditions really starting to improve for first-time buyers?
- Should Britain start charging people to use the NHS?
- Student accommodation crisis: has Germany got the answer?
- Autumn Statement 2013 – IF Response
- Why Buy-to-Let Equals Big Tax Let Off – Taxpayers Fund £5 billion Annual Tax Write-Offs
- IF Launches the UK’s first Regional Intergenerational Fairness Index – geography matters
- Has Britain Robbed Its Children? Winners of the IF A Level Essay Competition announced
- Young People’s Prospects Worsened in Past Year: 2013 UK Intergenerational Fairness Index Launched
- IF Budget 2013 Response: Osborne short-changes future generations
- Young, Gifted and Broke? Now Closed, Winners Announced and Films Aired – Congrats to All!
- The call for papers for the Demography Prize 2012/13 has been announced, with a prize fund of €10,000 for winning essayists. Topic: “Youth Quotas”
- IF website achieves 1 million hits in first year! Thank you for helping us become a national and international leader in intergenerational debate
- Kotlikoff’s latest Book: The Clash of Generations tells americans how they can save themselves, their economy and their future
- John Kay explains why it’s important for older generations to get intergenerational equity here
- Intergenerational Justice Review 2012, issue 1, is out now, co-edited by IF
- Report launched May 2012 – False Accounting? Why Higher Education Reforms Don’t Add up with a Foreword by Liam Burns, NUS President
- Are Government Pensions Unfair to Younger Generations? with a Foreword by Ed Howker
- The Rise of Gerontocracy? Read our report by Dr Craig Berry on the Democratic Deficit
- Buy your copy of IF co-sponsored Regeneration, comprising essays by young British writers on intergenerational justice
- PFI and Intergenerational Equity with a Foreword by Margaret Hodge
- IF is contributing to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Intergenerational Futures
2013 IF Index Launched
The 2013 Intergenerational Fairness Index launched today (18 June) and provides an increasingly damning indictment of the plight of younger generations over the past 20 years.