"If future generations are to remember us more with gratitude than sorrow, we must achieve more than just the miracles of technology. We must also leave them a glimpse of the world as it was created, not just as it looked when we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
The Intergenerational Foundation (IF) researches fairness between generations. IF believes that, while increasing longevity is welcome, government policy must be fair to all generations – old, young or those to come.
- Conservatives pledge to support universal pensioner benefits as general election looms
- New report argues growth in older workers’ wages may have held down wages during the recovery
- Osborne extends pensioner bonds scheme until the election
- Can Europe Do Better?
- New lending rules look set to make things even more difficult for first-time buyers
- IF is partnering with the Electoral Commission to get more young people voting.
- Latest Report: Under-35s Could Unseat 83 MPs
- Rent Freedom Day announced for 4 Feb 2015
- IF co-publishes a week long blog exchange on intergenerational fairness with ResPublica
- IF’s response to 2014 Autumn Statement
- New Competition: €10,000 up for grabs in the IF/FRFG 2014/15 academic essay competition
- Winner Announced: IF/New Statesman 2015 Manifesto for Youth Essay Competition
- Empty Bedrooms Undermine New Building – IF’s latest report launched on 30 Oct 2014
- Sudden spike in Intergenerational Fairness Index for 2014 revealed
- IF Responds to Triple Lock Pension Guarantee announcement by David Cameron
- Why Buy-to-Let Equals Big Tax Let Off – Taxpayers fund £5 billion annual tax write-offs
- IF Launches the UK’s first Regional Intergenerational Fairness Index – geography matters
- Kotlikoff’s latest Book: The Clash of Generations tells Americans how they can save themselves, their economy and their future
- John Kay explains why it’s important for older generations to get intergenerational equity here
- Buy your copy of IF co-sponsored Regeneration, comprising essays by young British writers on intergenerational justice
- PFI and Intergenerational Equity with a Foreword by Margaret Hodge
- IF is contributing to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Intergenerational Futures
IF Index – 2014
The latest Intergenerational Fairness Index provides an increasingly damning indictment of the plight of younger generations over the past 20 years.
Schools Fact Sheets
If you want to give young people an introduction to the key issues surrounding intergenerational fairness why not download our free fact sheets. Recommended age 16+.
IF also undertakes school visits. For further information email email@example.com.