“Intergenerational justice, intergenerational fairness and equality is going to be the issue of the next 10 or 15 years. Is this generation, my generation, going to do right by the younger generation?” Ed Miliband, January 2012
The Intergenerational Foundation (IF) researches fairness between generations. IF believes that, while increasing longevity is welcome, government policy must be fair to all generations – old, young or those to come.
IF launches Parents Against Student Debt
Following calls from parents incensed at the level of debt their kids are having to take on, we are launching a campaign to encourage parents to demand a fairer deal for students. That’s why we will be marching with students on 19 November in London. If you want to join us, email email@example.com for further information. Read more
The European Intergenerational Fairness Index 2016
- Packhorse Generation: The long debt tail of student loans
- The UK 2016 Intergenerational Fairness Index published
- DB Pensions: Choking Hazard report published
- IF’s report on nuclear: Toxic Time Capsule
- Unlocking Britain’s Hidden Homes: IF’s report on downsizing-in-situ
- Parliamentary Work and Pensions Committee launches enquiry into intergenerational fairness
- IF in the News – latest coverage
- New Competition: €10,000 up for grabs in the IF/FRFG 2016/17 academic essay competition
IF Index – 2016
The latest Intergenerational Fairness Index reveals that pensions and government debt are key drivers for stagnation of young people’s prospects.
School Visits and Fact Sheets
If you want to give young people an introduction to the key issues surrounding intergenerational fairness why not download our free fact sheets or invite IF to speak at your school or college. Recommended age 16+.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org.